Maine Beer Tours | Sails and Ales Tour
Maine Beer Tours and Calendar Islands Sailing Company are pleased to bring you a new way to enjoy local craft beer, on the waters of Casco Bay with our Sails and Ales tour!
Founded in 2015, Calendar Islands Sailing Company knows that a small group setting creates a more enjoyable on-the-water experience.
And there is no better place to do that than the waters off of Portland in Casco Bay!
Casco Bay plays host to some of the most beautiful and diverse scenery on the Maine coast. From the rugged rocky cliffs and bays of the many islands to the gently wooded shorelines of the mainland, the views will charm and captivate you.
We will be sailing aboard the NICTE HA, a John Alden Boothbay Challenger built by Hodgdon Yachts here in Maine—one of the premier yacht builders in the United States.
NICTE HA, the Mayan word for water lily, is an elegant, comfortable, and stable sailing yacht from which to explore the stunning Maine coast under sail. Relax on the deck in her spacious cockpit, lounge in a deck chair or swing from a hammock, or just enjoy being on the water from the salon.
The Maine Brew Bus will be bringing aboard great craft beer from a local brewery partner for all to enjoy during the sail. A guided tasting of the different beers will be conducted by a member of the Brew Bus team.
Here are the breweries that will be featured each Thursday:
- August 1st – Sebago Brewing Company, Gorham
- August 8th – Bunker Brewing Company, Portland
- August 15th – Foulmouthed Brewing, South Portland
- August 22nd – Rising Tide Brewing Company, Portland
- August 29th – Goodfire Brewing Company, Portland
- September 5th – Bissell Brothers, Portland
- September 12th – Definitive Brewing Company, Portland
- September 19th – Lone Pine Brewing Company, Gorham
- September 26th – Allagash Brewing Company, Portland
Please note that only six guests are allowed on each sailing, and breweries featured may change without notice.
Hop on board the NICTE HA with us for our Sails and Ales tour!