The Lobster Brews Cruise hauls and sets lobster traps alongside beautiful landmarks and sea life. This fun and interactive environment offers an experience to feel like a Maine lobsterman and grasp the concept of the…
Pick Up & Drop Off Location: Rocky Bottom Tours, Portland Pier
- Adult Ages 21+
CRUISE CASCO BAY AND WATCH THE STUNNING SUNSET
Here is another great offering from our friends at Rocky Bottom Tours, imagine yourself on a lobster boat in Casco Bay with a Maine craft beer in hand and watching a spectacular sunset over Portland’s skyline. That’s our Sunset Brews Cruise experience right there!
Maine sunsets are one for the eyes! Enjoy this lobster boat cruise around the islands of Casco Bay while watching the sun set over the Portland skyline. This cruise even has the option to add a lobster roll from Luke’s Lobster!
Casco Bay has a multitude of sights to offer! The excursions are highly visual with sightseeing opportunities of lighthouses, islands and private beaches, sea creatures and sea life, commercial and recreational boats, the gorgeous rocky coastline, along with the unpredictable colors and patterns of a Maine sunset.
Rocky Bottom Tours is located on Portland Pier on the working waterfront. They provide experience for guests from around the world on board their former commercial fishing vessel Wild Duck.
The Wild Duck was built in 1998 and was used previously as a fully functioning 40-foot offshore lobster boat. This vessel is completely approved by the Coast Guard for commercial passenger use, and all permits and licenses are up to date.
Please feel free to buy and bring some local Maine beers to enjoy during the 90-minute tour if desired.
After we tie back up on the dock, you are in a perfect position to grab a lobster dinner at the adjacent Luke’s Lobster waterfront location or at any of the great restaurants that Portland is so well known for.
Please note that timing may change without advance notice due to weather events and the availability of boat staff.
Food and Drink
May be purchased on your own and brought on board.
- This tour is a water-based boat event provided by Rocky Bottom Tours. Guests will need to able to use ramps to access the boat and docks.
- The tours are available Thursday through Sunday for the duration of the season. However, if you’d like to rent the boat for your group, contact the tour operator as they can operate any day of the week.
- When approaching the ticket booth and boarding the boat, please be masked. Once on the vessel, masks are at customers’ discretion as this is an outdoor event and the boat is plenty spacious for social distancing.
- The boat is partially covered and operates rain or shine. Rescheduling of any tours is only permitted at the discretion of Rocky Bottom Tours.
- Remember that the temperature is normally cooler on the water, even during the warmer summer season.
- Smoking is not permitted onboard the vessels used for these tours.
- Personal items can be brought on board, and any alcohol must be purchased in advance as this is not available on the boat.