Maine Beer Tours | Sails and Ales
Hop on board a beautiful Maine-made sailing yacht to drink local beer while cruising Casco Bay.
Each Thursday from July through September we will feature beer from a great local brewery as we leisurely sail past scenic lighthouses, picturesque islands, and historic forts.
Every Thursday through October 3rd from 3:30 to 5:30 pm
Pick-Up & Drop-Off Location
Fore Points Marina, 58 Fore Street, Portland
Please allow ample time for parking, and plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to sailing.
Included in the price is 3 different types of beer will be available in cans aboard the yacht
Chef-prepared charcuterie board with meats, cheeses, and accompaniments
- Guests will need to able to use ramps and stairs to access the and docks and the boat. Make sure to wear appropriate footwear.
- The boat is partially covered and this tour operates rain or shine. We like to remind our guests that the temperature is normally cooler on the water, even during the warmer summer season.
- Rescheduling of any cruises due to weather or vessel considerations is only permitted at the discretion of Calendar Islands Sailing Company.
- Smoking is not permitted onboard the vessels used for these tours.
- Personal items can be brought on board, but only alcohol provided during the tour is permitted to be consumed on board the vessel.
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 people, and a maximum of 6 people to operate (USCG legal limit).
$85 per person (to a maximum of 6 guests)
Private Group (2 guests minimum to 6 guests maximum) $510
The Maine Brew Bus and Calendar Islands Sailing Company are pleased to bring you a new way to enjoy local craft beer, on the waters of Casco Bay with our Sails and Ales tour!
Founded in 2015, Calendar Islands Sailing Company knows that a small group setting creates a more enjoyable on-the-water experience.
And there is no better place to do that than the waters off of Portland in Casco Bay!
Casco Bay plays host to some of the most beautiful and diverse scenery on the Maine coast. From the rugged rocky cliffs and bays of the many islands to the gently wooded shorelines of the mainland, the views will charm and captivate you.
We will be sailing aboard the NICTE HA, a John Alden Boothbay Challenger built by Hodgdon Yachts here in Maine—one of the premier yacht builders in the United States.
NICTE HA, the Mayan word for water lily, is an elegant, comfortable, and stable sailing yacht from which to explore the stunning Maine coast under sail. Relax on the deck in her spacious cockpit, lounge in a deck chair or swing from a hammock, or just enjoy being on the water from the salon.
The Maine Brew Bus will be bringing aboard great craft beer from a local brewery partner for all to enjoy during the sail. A guided tasting of the different beers will be conducted by a member of the Brew Bus team.
Here are the breweries that will be featured each Thursday:
- September 26th – Allagash Brewing Company, Portland – SORRY, SOLD OUT
- October 3rd – Geary Brewing Company, Portland – 4 SPOTS LEFT!
Please note that only six guests are allowed on each sailing, and breweries featured may change without notice.
Hop on board the NICTE HA with us for our Sails and Ales tour!