The Maine Brew Bus is a Maine-based bus tour company dedicated to promoting local breweries and other producers by offering a unique and personal beer tour experience. Voted #1 Activity on TripAdvisor, our tours are all-inclusive and provide transportation to and from Maine’s award-winning breweries as well as small, upcoming producers of wine, cider, and more; pub snacks; a brewery tour; beer trivia; fun; and, of course, beer and other fantastic beverages!
The Maine Brew Bus is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in being considered for a position with The Maine Brew Bus, please review the job descriptions and send an e-mail telling us about your favorite beer with your resume to [email protected]
Driver and Guide
We’re looking for dynamic individuals to become Part-Time Drivers and Guides aboard The Maine Brew Bus. Applicants should be passionate about craft beer (as well as spirits, cider, mead, wine, kombucha, and other unique fermented products), providing quality services for our guests and partners, and maintaining a positive work environment. This role will provide ample opportunity for educating locals and tourists about Maine’s fantastic beer and beverage scene.
This is a part time opportunity with the strong possibility of additional hours in the spring, summer, and fall seasons. Tours are scheduled year-round with highest concentration on weekends. Flexible availability is preferred.
This position involves:
- Driving a 15-passenger converted school bus in city and highway conditions.
- Public speaking in front of large groups.
- Introducing visitors to dozens of different producers throughout southern Maine as well as various techniques and products.
- Providing a friendly, welcoming, and approachable experience for visitors aboard the bus and at each stop.
- Seamlessly transitioning between lecture mode and chat mode to engage guests.
- Giving tours of individual stops as needed.
- Facilitating entertaining and informative dialogue with staff at each location, often including brewers and owners.
- Merchandising, maintaining inventory and displays.
- Furthering your beverage and guiding education through various methods.
- Working independently and as part of a team.
- Must be comfortable driving a large vehicle; training will be provided.
- Must have a valid and clean driver’s license for the last three years. A CDL is not required to operate our vehicles.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be comfortable commanding attention in front of a diverse group of boisterous individuals.
- Outgoing personality, with the ability to be flexible and think on your feet. Background in theater/acting/public speaking encouraged.
- Industry experience preferred, but willing to train the right enthusiastic individual.
- Must be able to manage time and move groups along when needed.
Road Team Representative
Mission: Display at multiple festivals and special events around New England to promote and create excitement about the Brew Bus brand. Encourage festival attendees to learn about our businesses in Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and Maine, and collect important contact information to assist in our marketing efforts. The ultimate mission is to create the desire for attendees to book public and private tours on the Brew Bus!
- Must be over 21 years of age, have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Will wear at least one article of Brew Bus branded apparel. The first piece (generally a hat) will be provided by our company.
- Arrive no later than 30 minutes before the start of the event (unless otherwise directed) to help set up the booth.
- Create excitement about our company and tours using the table materials and the Wheel of Brew Trivia.
- Obtain as many names and email addresses as possible, especially everyone who plays the trivia wheel. The goal is contact information for 10% of the attendees.
- Answer questions about the different tours to the best of your ability. Direct interested parties to Zach, Don or Spencer when questions cannot be answered (such as specific questions for private tours)
- Conduct actions with appropriate decorum at all times, displaying good behavior while representing the company.
- If allowed by law or event management, sample beer responsibly before and during the event, as well as periods of time between sessions. Do not openly sample alcohol directly behind the booth, as that is generally not allowed by liquor licensees. This is a reasonable standard that we adhere to as well.
- Take pictures during the event and share to Team Brew Bus Facebook group or on Slack.
- Collect and report contact information from other companies looking to partner with us (i.e. breweries-in-planning, media representatives, advertising, future festivals and events).
- Help break down booth, making note and reporting any items that need repair or replacement, and assist in loading out and/or storing the display kit.
- $50 per session, payable by check after the event. Some event payments may be combined during a month.
- This is not a contract or employment position, all Road Team members are part-time and are scheduled shifts in accordance with events and availability.
- Reimbursement for parking or food is not provided. Ride-sharing and carpooling are encouraged as well as bringing money for food there are food vendors at each festival.
- Road Team representatives assigned to an event do not have to pay entrance fees, but may be required to check in at a vendor station for ID check and to receive credentials.
- Road Team representatives will receive an IRS Form 1099 if earnings exceed $600 for the year and are not already an employee on company payroll.
If you are interested in being considered for a position with The Maine Brew Bus, send an e-mail telling us about your favorite beer and a resume to [email protected]