The Maine Brew Bus is a Maine-based bus tour company dedicated to promoting local breweries and other producers by offering a unique and personal beer tour experience. Voted #1 Activity on TripAdvisor, our tours are all-inclusive and provide transportation to and from Maine’s award-winning breweries as well as small, upcoming producers of wine, cider, and more; pub snacks; a brewery tour; beer trivia; fun; and, of course, beer and other fantastic beverages!
The Maine Brew Bus is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in being considered for a position with The Maine Brew Bus, please review the job descriptions and send an e-mail telling us about your favorite beer with your resume to [email protected]
Driver and Guide
We’re looking for dynamic individuals to become Part-Time Drivers and Guides aboard The Maine Brew Bus. Applicants should be passionate about craft beer (as well as spirits, cider, mead, wine, kombucha, and other unique fermented products), providing quality services for our guests and partners, and maintaining a positive work environment. This role will provide ample opportunity for educating locals and tourists about Maine’s fantastic beer and beverage scene.
This is a part time opportunity with the strong possibility of additional hours in the spring, summer, and fall seasons. Tours are scheduled year-round with highest concentration on weekends. Flexible availability is preferred.
This position involves:
- Driving a 15-passenger converted school bus in city and highway conditions.
- Public speaking in front of large groups.
- Introducing visitors to dozens of different producers throughout southern Maine as well as various techniques and products.
- Providing a friendly, welcoming, and approachable experience for visitors aboard the bus and at each stop.
- Seamlessly transitioning between lecture mode and chat mode to engage guests.
- Giving tours of individual stops as needed.
- Facilitating entertaining and informative dialogue with staff at each location, often including brewers and owners.
- Merchandising, maintaining inventory and displays.
- Furthering your beverage and guiding education through various methods.
- Working independently and as part of a team.
- Must be comfortable driving a large vehicle; training will be provided.
- Must have a valid and clean driver’s license for the last three years. A CDL is not required to operate our vehicles.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be comfortable commanding attention in front of a diverse group of boisterous individuals.
- Outgoing personality, with the ability to be flexible and think on your feet. Background in theater/acting/public speaking encouraged.
- Industry experience preferred, but willing to train the right enthusiastic individual.
- Must be able to manage time and move groups along when needed.
If you are interested in being considered for a position with The Maine Brew Bus, send an e-mail telling us about your favorite beer and a resume to [email protected]