Thank you for booking a tour with The Maine Brew Bus! We are really looking forward to “Driving You to Drink Local!”
Here is some helpful information for you in advance of your tour.
Remember to please arrive at the pick-up location 15 minutes before the time specified on your ticket. Here is where you meet the bus for the start of your tour.
Come on inside and meet our tour staff at the check-in podium towards the rear of the store.
Please note also that there is no public restroom inside this retail store.
Pick-up and drop-off for The Sips and Sea Dogs tour will leave from the Slugger Statue in front of Hadlock Field, 271 Park Avenue in Portland. Look for our bus parked right in front of the statue.
Tours will happen rain or shine and will not necessarily be canceled or refunded if that night’s game is already postponed.
Please arrive by 2:45pm for a 3:00pm start or 3:45pm for a 4:00pm start to ensure a timely departure. Please also note that there is no public restroom available at pickup time.
Please note there is no parking available at Hadlock Field. There is parking available at Fitzpatrick Stadium which is adjacent to Hadlock Field. [Directions to the field and parking information is available here](http://atmilb.com/1LxmSB3).
Our pick-up and drop-off location for the Curling and Brew tour will be William B. Troubh Ice Arena at 225 Park Avenue in Portland.
Look for our tour staff to be just inside the arena main entrance. There is a public restroom available at pickup time.
Please note there is no parking available at Ice Arena. There is parking available at Fitzpatrick Stadium which is behind the Ice Arena. Directions to the arena and parking information is available at http://www.portlandmaine.gov/543/Parking-Information.
Our pick-up and drop-off location for the Malts and Mariners tour will be the Cross Insurance Arena Free Street Entrance in Portland. (Use 82 Free St Portland ME 04101 as a GPS address.)
Look for our tour staff to be right around the bus at this arena entrance. There is no public restroom available at pickup time.
The Spring Street Parking Garage is adjacent to the Cross Insurance Arena. It is managed by the City of Portland and rates vary depending on events. Please call (207) 874-2842 for rate information.
There is a privately owned parking garage across Spring Street next to the Holiday Inn by the Bay and a large parking lot located at the corner of Spring Street and Center Street. Rates vary depending on the event and are controlled by the property owners. For more information, visit the Portland Downtown District’s parking web page.
Directions and parking information can be found at http://www.crossarenaportland.com/getting-here
Pick-up and drop-off is at two different locations. Pickup and drop off times vary with each tour, and will be detailed in your tour reminder e-mail sent 24 hours before the tour. Please arrive at the pick-up location 15 minutes before the departure time.
Freeport Wild Bird Supply. 541 US Route 1, Freeport, Maine. – please meet us in the parking lot. Restrooms are available inside the store..
Portland Park and Ride lot – 274 Marginal Way, Portland, ME – please park on the North end of the lot, opposite the intersection with Diamond St, across street and even with “Tanorama” sign (the end closest to U-Haul) and look for the bright green bus. Here is a map with a pin showing where the bus will be parked:
Things to Know
- Please remember your I.D. Whether you’re 21 or 91, it’s always important to keep your photo I.D. on you. You may need it at each stop to enjoy a tasting or make purchases. We will be checking I.D.s before you step on the bus.
- As we are often accessing production spaces that contain heavy items, caustic chemicals and significant volumes of contents under pressure, we must require that all participants wear closed-toe shoes. Unfortunately, this will prohibit the wearing of flip-flops, sandals, and other types of shoes that provide no protection for potential toe injuries.
- Our goal is to provide a positive brew tour experience for you, our beer enthusiasts, as well as the establishments we visit and their patrons. Please enjoy your beer responsibly.
- Please remember that there is no drinking allowed on the bus.
- There is no printed ticket necessary for check-in.
Food Allergies and Sensitivities
If you haven’t already, please e-mail us immediately with any food allergies and/or sensitivities you or anyone in your party may have.
We partner with a number of local businesses to provide you with the best experience possible. If you’re looking for a hotel accommodation, fine-dining option, or other activity to enjoy while in Portland, please choose from our list below and enjoy a special discount for being a guest of The Maine Brew Bus!
- Residence Inn Marriott Downtown Waterfront located at 145 Fore Street, Portland, ME 04101, offers Maine Brew Bus guests a special rate of 10% off Best Available Rate (subject to availability). Call their Reservations Team at 207-761-1660 and mention “BrewBus” to book today.
- Hyatt Place Portland Old Port is in the heart of the nightlife area at 433 Fore Street, Portland, ME 04101. They offer our guests a discount when booking any room (subject to availability). Call 207-775-1000 or use this link when booking to include the discount.
- Holiday Inn By the Bay, located at 88 Spring Street, Portland, is offering our guests special pricing for a standard room (two double beds) Upgrades to Standard King Room, $25.00 additional. Upgrades to Executive Room, $50.00 additional. Priority Club Membership/Upgrades can be requested/arranged at check-in. To reserve your room, call 800-345-5050 ask specifically for the “The Maine Brew Bus Special Corporate Rate.”
- Suites by Hilton located at 1050 Westbrook Street, Portland, ME 04102, offers Maine Brew Bus guests a special rate of 10% off Best Available Rate (subject to availability). Call 207-775-2200 and mention “BrewBus” to book today. Must present ticket at check-in to receive the special offer.
- Inn by the Sea, located at 40 Bowery Beach Road, Cape Elizabeth ME 04107, offers our guests a 15% discount on rooms when booking a room and a trip on The Maine Brew Bus. This rate is subject to availability. To access this discount, please call the front desk at 207-799-3134 and reference this confirmation email when booking.
- Hampton Inn Saco/Biddeford, located at 48 Industrial Park Road, Saco ME 04072, offers a discount on rooms to guests of The Maine Brew Bus based on availability. To access this discount, please call the front desk at 207-282-7222 and mention “The Maine Brew Bus” or reference this confirmation email when booking. Guests may also book online using this link which will automatically include the discount in the booking total.
- Airbnb, located 10 minutes from the Old Port this Portland Airbnb property accommodates up to 7 guests. Within walking distance, to a coffee shop, butcher, BBQ joint and Bar, the owner is offering a 10% discount when booking an Airbnb and trip on The Maine Brew Bus. Request to book through Airbnb and be sure and tell them you booked a tour on the Brew Bus. Craftsman Home in Deering Center
SAVE 15% on all Amtrak Downeaster Trains. This offer is valid for 15% off the regular (full) adult fare. This offer is valid for coach seats only; no business class upgrades permitted. Reference discount code v503, 3-day advance purchase required. Other restrictions may apply. Offer expires 12/31/19. To order tickets please visit www.amtrakdowneaster.com.
Want to learn more about the distinctive stories of Maine’s unique food system, and some of the incredible social, environmental, and economic connections? Our friends at Maine Food for Thought are offering Maine Brew Bus guests a 10% discount on their tours. Visit their website and use promo code: mainebrewbus.
Looking to complete your experience exploring the Portland beverage scene by learning more about wine? Reserve your tickets now with our friends at Wine Wise Events and receive 10% off the ticket price! Use code mainebrewbus or contact them when booking. Offer valid beginning July 1, 2019 and for 30 days after your the date of your Brew Bus tour.
Join Maine Foodie Tours to uncover the storied past and current culinary scene of Portland with their highly entertaining guides. On their tours, you’ll enjoy tasty samplings of local fare created by talented artisans who continue to create and inspire! Enjoy $5 off any public tour by entering promo code mainebrewbus when booking on their website.
One Longfellow Square is one of Portland, Maine’s most charming and versatile, non-profit performing arts and concert venues, offering a warm and intimate atmosphere and setting the stage for unforgettable live music, performing arts and community events. Use promo code mainebrewbus and receive a 10% discount at any show at One Longfellow Square.
The Escape Room is the ultimate real-life adventure game located on Congress Street in Downtown Portland. Bring everyone together for a unique and exciting experience that will definitely break the ice and create some unforgettable memories. Use promo code brewbus and enjoy 10% off any booking with The Escape Room!
Back40 rents packaged camping kits and outdoor equipment at the click of a button with pick up locations in Portland and delivery throughout Maine. Visit Back40 online to plan your outdoor adventure and use promo code BREWBUS-20 to save on your gear rental.
- Enjoy 10% off with a minimum purchase of $20 at Union Kitchen, located at 1 Union Wharf, Portland with 20 proof of purchase of a Maine Brew Bus ticket.
- Enjoy 20% off your order at Sip of Europe, located at 229 Congress Street, Portland with proof of purchase of a Maine Brew Bus ticket.
- Enjoy a coffee and breakfast sandwich for only $5 from Katie Made Bakery, located at 181 Congress Street, Portland with proof of purchase of a Maine Brew Bus ticket.
- Enjoy a free slice of pizza with the purchase of a Maine craft beer from any Maine OTTO Pizza location with proof of purchase of a Maine Brew Bus ticket (confirmation or reminder e-mail on your mobile device is sufficient). OTTO locations can be found here
- Cap off your tour with One (1) complimentary draft beer at Waypoint, located at 1050 Westbrook Street, Portland (Embassy Suites by Hilton) with proof of purchase of a Maine Brew Bus ticket.
The Old Port Spirits and Cigars store does not have its own parking area. Parking in Portland can be very challenging, however here are some parking suggestions for downtown Portland. Please allow enough time to park your car and get to the bus before we leave.
- Fore Street Parking Garage – 427 Fore Street, Portland
- Fisherman’s Wharf – 202 Commercial Street, Portland
- Custom House Parking Garage – 25 Pearl Street, Portland
If you are on a Sunday tour (or legal holidays) there is free street parking at the meters all around Old Port Spirits at 79 Commercial Street.
Click here for a City of Portland PDF map of parking options in the area. Old Port Spirits is located on Commercial Street between Franklin and Custom House streets. Want even more maps? Here is a Google Map of various parking options throughout Portland.
- The Westin Portland Harborview – 17 minutes Holiday Inn By The Bay – 13 minutes
- Courtyard by Marriott Portland Downtown/Waterfront – 9 minutes Press Hotel – 8 minutes
- Hyatt Place- Portland Old Port, Residence Inn by Marriott Portland Downtown, and Portland Harbor Hotel – 6 minutes
- Portland Regency Hotel, Hampton Inn Portland Downtown, and Hilton Garden Inn Portland Downtown – under 5 minutes
The METRO bus system offers Route 8 – Peninsula Loop which includes a stop at the Casco Bay Lines Terminal. This stop is the closest to our pick-up location. For more information, including stops, timetable, and cost please visit METRO.
The Greater Portland area also offers extensive ride-sharing services including Uber and Lyft.
Portland Trip Planning
Here are some helpful resources to help your Portland trip planning!
- What’s New in Portland
- Beer This Week – an up-to-date rundown of what beers are on tap at local breweries, as well as details about upcoming events. Learn more…
- Three Days in Portland – staff suggestions of what to do and where to go to make the most of your time in Maine’s largest city.