An all-new offering with our partners at Calendar Islands Sailing Company. Join us on the waters of Casco Bay and learn about the craft distillers that are making great spirits here in Maine.
Pick Up & Drop Off Location: Fore Points Marina
- Private Charter Up to 6 guests (Ages 21+)
SAIL STUNNING CASCO BAY WHILE ENJOYING MAINE WINE.
Our first season of offering beer-focused sailing tours went so well, we have expanded our offerings with Calendar Islands Sailing Company to bring you a new brand new option called Waves and Wines!
Join us on a beautiful 60-foot sailing yacht for 2 hours of sailing the tranquil waters. Casco Bay plays host to some of the most beautiful and diverse scenery on the Maine coast. From the rugged rocky cliffs and bays of the many islands to the gently wooded shorelines of the mainland, the views will charm and captivate you.
This sail will also feature three different wines from a Maine-based vineyard and winery. We’ll talk about why some grapes actually work very well in Maine, and also how wines can be made from other native agricultural products.
A craft alcohol expert from Maine Brew Bus will pour and answer your questions about the wines that are featured. Typical offerings may include Cellardoor Winery, eighteen twenty wines, or Blue Lobster Urban Winery.
Also included with your experience is a charcuterie board featuring a selection of meats and cheeses and fresh fruit.
For the duration of the 2020 season, we will be offering Waves and Wines trips on a private charter only basis. We have made this change to maximize guest safety and comfort.
Available as a private charter for up to six people through September 30, 2020. The standard sail period is two hours, longer durations available upon request. Please allow ample time for parking, and plan to arrive at the marina 15 minutes prior to sailing.
The rate for Waves and Wines tours for 2020 is $700.
Three different types of craft alcohol products will be available and are included in the charter price. Wines poured will equal three six-ounce pours of different wines.
Chef-prepared charcuterie board with meats, cheeses, fruit, and accompaniments.
- Guests will need to able to use ramps and stairs to access the and docks and the boat. Make sure to wear appropriate footwear.
- The boat is partially covered and this tour operates rain or shine. We like to remind our guests that the temperature is normally cooler on the water, even during the warmer summer season.
- Rescheduling of any cruises due to severe weather or vessel considerations is only permitted at the discretion of Calendar Islands Sailing Company.
- Smoking is not permitted onboard the vessels used for these tours.
- Personal items can be brought on board, but only alcohol provided during the tour is permitted to be consumed onboard the vessel.
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 people, and a maximum of 6 people (USCG legal limit) to operate.