An all-new offering with our partners at Calendar Islands Sailing Company. Join us on the waters of Casco Bay and learn about the craft distillers that are making great spirits here in Maine.
Pick Up & Drop Off Location: Fore Points Marina
- Private Charter Up to 6 guests (Ages 21+)
DRINK LOCAL BEER WHILE CRUISING CASCO BAY
We have partnered with Calendar Islands Sailing Company to bring you a unique way to enjoy local craft beer — on the waters of Casco Bay with our Sails and Ales tour!
Step aboard a beautiful 60-foot sailing yacht for 2 hours of sailing the tranquil waters on Casco Bay while you sample a selection of craft beers from our featured local craft brewery.
Casco Bay plays host to some of the most beautiful and diverse scenery on the Maine coast. From the rugged rocky cliffs and bays of the many islands to the gently wooded shorelines of the mainland, the views will charm and captivate you.
A beer expert from Maine Brew Bus will pour and answer your questions about the beer being featured! Also included with your craft beer will be a charcuterie board featuring a selection of meats and cheeses and fresh fruit.
For the duration of the 2020 season, we will be offering Sails And Ales trips on a private charter only basis. We have made this change to maximize guest safety and comfort. This also allows you to select which Portland-area brewery you’d like featured on your charter tour!
Available as a private charter for up to six people through September 30, 2020. The standard sail period is two hours, longer durations available upon request. Please allow ample time for parking, and plan to arrive at the marina 15 minutes prior to sailing.
The rate for Sails And Ales tours for 2020 is $700.
Three different types of craft alcohol products will be available and are included in the charter price. For beer, three 16-ounce cans of different styles will be provided.
Chef-prepared charcuterie board with meats, cheeses, fruit, and accompaniments.
- Guests will need to able to use ramps and stairs to access the and docks and the boat. Make sure to wear appropriate footwear.
- The boat is partially covered and this tour operates rain or shine. We like to remind our guests that the temperature is normally cooler on the water, even during the warmer summer season.
- Rescheduling of any cruises due to severe weather or vessel considerations is only permitted at the discretion of Calendar Islands Sailing Company.
- Smoking is not permitted onboard the vessels used for these tours.
- Personal items can be brought on board, but only alcohol provided during the tour is permitted to be consumed onboard the vessel.
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 people, and a maximum of 6 people (USCG legal limit) to operate.